Pecorino di Pienza was a favorite of Lorenzo il Magnifico and it's named after the ideal Renaissance town Pienza. Today, it's one of the most prized Tuscan cheeses.
You will have the chance to visit an organic farm located near Pienza with a stunning view over Val d'Orcia, where you will see with your own eyes what it means to live a peasant life today. You will get to know the animals of the farm, visit the dairy, learn about Pecorino production and enjoy a cheese tasting with a glass of wine.
In the afternoon you will reach Montepulciano, have a stroll through the narrow medieval streets, admire a magnificent panorama from the top of the town and reach an historic winery located right in the town centre. This spectacular cellar will leave you amazed: the building is divided into three longitudinal aisles with massive pillars and cross vaulted arches that make it look like a Roman-Gothic Cathedral.
There, you will learn about the fascinating history of the winery and have a guided wine tasting.
- Full Day
- Food Tasting
- Full tasting
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pick up
- Spring summer
- Wine cellar
- Guided tour of a pecorino cheese farm (shared).
- Cheese tasting (cheese platter, water and a glass of wine).
- Guided wine tour and tasting to a winery with English-speaking winery staff (shared).
- English-speaking driver and private transportation (full-day approx. 8 hours) - TO BE QUOTED according to the number of people in your party and your accommodation address.
- Departure from and return to your accommodation.
- Private experience on request
- Full lunch
Terms and conditions
A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total amount is required at the TIME OF BOOKING to secure your reservation. The balance is then due 15 days BEFORE experience beginning.
Bookings made LATER THAN 15 days BEFORE experience beginning must be paid by lump-sum settlement.
Any cancellation by you must be notified by email to
We will acknowledge your cancellation by email.
- Cancellations received UP to 72 hours BEFORE experience beginning: FREE OF CHARGE.
- Cancellations received LATER THAN 72 hours BEFORE experience beginning, late arrivals and no shows: NO REFUND.
This tour runs rain or shine.
€ 52,00 per day
Price starts from: € 52,00